Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

calling all childminders

(7 Posts)
Mytwobeautifulgirls Wed 06-Feb-13 08:55:33

thanks so Much for the info wow 6-9 months to get started that is quiet long isnt It.

lechatnoir Tue 05-Feb-13 20:44:48

I've had current mindee from 8mths, I've got a new one starting in a few weeks who has just turned 1 and do some ad hoc work for a 7 mth old. Never had an enquiry for younger baby but I would look after 6 mths possibly 3mths. Fees vary MASSIVELY area to area so best bet is trying to find out what your local CM's charge (average SE I'd say £4-£6ph) - SureStart centres usually have a book with CM details in including fees, people sometimes includes fees in their profile.
Oh and be warned, from starting registration process to getting your first child can take quite a long time likely 6-9 months+ so I wouldn't chuck in your job until you're quite a bit further down the line!!

ElectricalBanana Mon 04-Feb-13 22:00:12

and again!

ElectricalBanana Mon 04-Feb-13 21:59:42

i am an RGN (25 years in the harness)....and now a childminder! I use my RGN as a USP....i have children with extra medical and learning needs....i still get the training for things like tube feeds from the child's nurse but i am confident and unfazed by it all. Parents like that.

Youngest baby was 8 weeks....had her until she was three.

your local govt website will have info on how to train.

try this forum- they can help with any questions

HSMMaCM Mon 04-Feb-13 21:33:25

Speak to your local authority early years department, to find out about registration. Not sure about charges in Essex. I sometimes get phone calls for babies, but I don't take any under 6 months (my choice).

Mytwobeautifulgirls Mon 04-Feb-13 19:04:18

also how Much do you chagre per child etc. and do you ever get babies tonlook after?

Mytwobeautifulgirls Mon 04-Feb-13 19:03:17

hi all I would just like a bit of info really

I'm currently a registered nurse on mat leave but was thinking of becoming a childminder so I could benefit from being at home with my own children etc.
can anyone advise me what needs doing I.e courses? insurance? how do you become registered.
I love in Essex.

thanks ladies smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now