This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

employer PAYE reference - help needed

(8 Posts)
tilder Wed 23-Jan-13 12:02:54

I am sorting out the paperwork for our nanny and have been asked for one of these. Anyone know what it is and how/where I get one?

Thanks in advance.

Runoutofideas Wed 23-Jan-13 12:42:57

I assume you get one when you sign up with the inland revenue as an employer.

calmlychaotic Wed 23-Jan-13 22:09:32

some accountants will run a payroll for you for only £15- £20 per month. mine sorted whole thing out.

MrAnchovy Wed 23-Jan-13 23:33:09

There are a number of nanny payroll specialists, try payefornannies - a lot less £15 a month.

Picturesinthefirelight Wed 23-Jan-13 23:39:36

Yes it is issued by inland revenue.

MrAnchovy Wed 23-Jan-13 23:47:58

Sorry my answer was a bit brief...

PAYE employer references are issued to new employers by HMRC but unless you want to spend a whole load of time and effort learning how to run a payroll I would recommend you use a specialist nanny payroll agent who will deal with everything for you - this is easier than contacting HMRC yourself and then transferring the records to the agent later.

tilder Thu 24-Jan-13 12:36:18

Thanks guys. I am using a nanny payroll but I need one of these numbers to complete the forms. I registered today and apparently it takes 7 to 10 working days to get the number. I should get all the paperwork sorted in time but it will be close!

ASparent Thu 24-Jan-13 13:01:21

"I am using a nanny payroll"

Then you should ask them for advice as the answers given here without that knowledge may be wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now