Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

quick help please! being paid by childcare vouchers

(15 Posts)

Am a recently ofsted registered employer now wants to pay me using childcare do I go about setting it up?

I have googled but am on phone so tricky to work it put!

Twinklestarstwinklestars Wed 16-Jan-13 10:24:20

You need to register with the company she'll be using they should have a website but there are a few.

Ok, she currently pays through nannytax but I presume you don't pay childcare vouchers through them!

So I find out which company she'll be paying through, register and then thats it?

<WHY am I finding this so hard?!>

Chopsypie Wed 16-Jan-13 10:32:04

No experience from a CM POV but I set this up with my CM a few months ago.
When I registered with the scheme I was given a pack, which had a form for me, and a form for her. I gave her the form and she chose the way she was paid. The choices where via voucher which she coudl post, cheque or directly into her account. We chose the direct into account option, and now I have a standard payment which just pays her every week.

The parent should be able to give you the infromation pack and registration form, but I;m guessing it will vary from scheme to scheme. Ours is All Save

Delayingtactic Wed 16-Jan-13 10:33:45

Ask her to register with whichever company her employers use and then they forward links for you to register

5alive4life Wed 16-Jan-13 10:35:48

i am an ofsted reg nanny. i had to register with both of my employers company scheme. you need to ask your employer who they use for the vouchers and you usually register yourself and get a reference number for them.

It's accor which takes me to the registration for edenred so have registeres....thanks all!!

nannynick Wed 16-Jan-13 13:09:25

It can take a while for the voucher company to set things up, so suggest your employer holds on to this months voucher and uses two vouchers next month.
Edenred can be fussy at times about evidence that Ofsted fee has been paid. As a newly registered you will be fine this year, next year when you renew make sure you print a payment receipt when you pay Ofsted (print to pdf can be handy) so you can send payment evidence to Edenred.

Once you have registered with Edenred they will issue you with a provider code. Give that code to your employer and they can then log onto the Edenred website and setup monthly payment (if possible around the middle of the month so it gives time for payment to clear into your account - I found it could take 3+ days to clear).

5alive4life Wed 16-Jan-13 13:23:41

my boss has edenred aswell and i have always asked ofsted to post me a receipt and i scan it in and email it to edenred,they have always accepted this

sillymillysmummy Thu 17-Jan-13 07:00:59

My experience of edenred is that from parent telling them to transfer to me takes around 4/5 days to hit my account. So even if money comes direct from their salary on 31st, I do not receive until several days after that. Just bear that in mind for your direct debits.

Oh Crap, thanks silly!

Thanks all!

Ktay Thu 17-Jan-13 19:08:49

Excuse the hijack but we are about to take on an Ofsted-registered nanny - she let her registration lapse but has just renewed it. Can anyone tell me what costs she is likely to have incurred and is it normal for the employer to reimburse these? (She hasn't asked us to but want to be fair.) Thank you...

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 17-Jan-13 20:16:06

ktay - tbh employers pay for all costs to do with the nanny being Ofsted registered,apart from nanny insurance

they pay for it all as it is no benefit from the nanny to be Ofsted registered, and its the parents/employers who get the reduced tax

Ktay Thu 17-Jan-13 21:21:42

Ok thanks - what expenses are we talking about? Registration & first aid but anything else?

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 18-Jan-13 00:22:24

I feel that nannies should have first aid anyway / I do and not ofsted reg - so the nanny should pay for that -though some may only have th 6hr ped one and think need 12hr one so be nice to pay the difference between the two

It's more the £100ish fee each year that employer should pay smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: