Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How manys weeks holiday

(12 Posts)
emmajane500 Sun 06-Jan-13 22:36:18

Have you all stated and get payed for .
Emma xx
Sorry for all the questions . wink

sillymillysmummy Sun 06-Jan-13 22:43:12

You will find many different answers as we all work in our own way. You need to assess your local competition. All of my mindees currently are term time only and none of them pay anything for the 13 weeks they do not come to me, but competition in my area is such that if I didn't do that then I would not have them. Hth

HSMM Mon 07-Jan-13 00:07:29

I don't get paid for mine, but parents pay full for theirs

nannynick Mon 07-Jan-13 00:58:17

Is this a childminder or nanny question?
If a question for childminders, then the answer will vary a lot I suspect as everyone runs their business differently.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Mon 07-Jan-13 05:13:08

I'm a cm and don't charge for mine but they pay full for theirs. I don't book a set amount of weeks.

Strix Mon 07-Jan-13 08:49:29

I pay nothing when childminder is unavailable for work, full fees if we don't attend when she is available. The only exception is bank holidays when she does not work and I do pay full.

Runoutofideas Mon 07-Jan-13 09:35:05

I work term time only so put on all the contracts that all holidays, both ways round, will be taken in school holidays, for which no fees are charged. If a child went away on holiday in term time they would be liable for full fees. I am entitled to no paid holiday in term time, but I wouldn't take it anyway as my children need to be in school.

ashley69ly Tue 08-Jan-13 14:24:37

I take 5 weeks per year that i don't charge for and allow parents to take 5 weeks at half fees. It is rare that parents ever use any of their weeks as their holidays are usually taken when i take mine. I don't want to work Bank Holidays so i don't charge for them.

ashley69ly Tue 08-Jan-13 14:24:54

I take 5 weeks per year that i don't charge for and allow parents to take 5 weeks at half fees. It is rare that parents ever use any of their weeks as their holidays are usually taken when i take mine. I don't want to work Bank Holidays so i don't charge for them.

lechatnoir Tue 08-Jan-13 18:26:18

For year round children I take 4 weeks paid leave + BHols except christmas, boxing day & NYD but for term time only I don't charge in the school holidays & as this is when I take all my leave they don't pay for any holiday.

1996timeforchange Wed 09-Jan-13 13:34:26

I charge full pay for my holiday and have 4 weeks, Full pay and dont work for Bank hiolidays ( I don't work Mondays at the moment though!!) i don't charge if i'm off sick as i'm not fulfilling my contract. Like people who go to work, they get paid for their holidays!!

filibear Wed 09-Jan-13 15:53:51

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now