Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders- do you charge a pick up fee for children doing just a morning/afternoon at pre-school?

(5 Posts)
12ylnon Sun 06-Jan-13 18:54:44

Just wondering really. I can see why people do as it's 3 hours that the child could be with me, but i'm worried it would put people off. About half of what would would be paid at the childminders seems to be standard.

HSMM Sun 06-Jan-13 22:02:34

If you charge a pick up fee, it might be classed as a taxi service (which has a whole different set of rules and insurance). You could charge a retainer for the time? Personally I charge for the whole day.

Doraemon Mon 07-Jan-13 08:58:09

Most of the minders around here charge full day rate, because the child is effectively taking up a full under 5 space in their ratios (because you're unlikely to find another mindee who just wants the 3 hours) . Seemed very unfair to me when I was just a parent, now I'm a CM I can see the logic in it. Practically speaking I would guess it depends on how much you need the business.

goldie81 Tue 08-Jan-13 21:32:14

I charge the full hours whild they're at Pre school/nursery if I have dropped off at school. If I havent then I just charge from when I pick up!

MaryPoppinsBag Wed 09-Jan-13 16:28:58

I charge older mindees who are at school £5 (7.30 to school) for taking to school and £10 for school pick up (3-6)

For a preschooler I might charge the same in the morning and £20 for the afternoon session. (but my village is not short of CM's)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now