Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How to request a DBS check for myself?

(6 Posts)
Chocolateporridge Thu 27-Dec-12 22:52:48

Thanks chaos, I actually suggested that to her because we live in Scotland and that's what I had to get done through my work, but she lives in England, so it seemed a bit odd that it's called disclosure Scotland! I'll mention it again though.

chaosisawayoflife Mon 24-Dec-12 18:55:24

PS I'm not Scottish or in Scotland

chaosisawayoflife Mon 24-Dec-12 18:54:59

I had to get a basic crb check done for my liquor licence. It was called a disclosure Scotland and I'm fairly sure I had to apply for it myself.

Chocolateporridge Sun 23-Dec-12 19:01:34

Thanks outraged, I passed on your info to my friend and she said that's what she had thought but she wasn't too sure so it was great to have it confirmed. She didn't know about mumsnet so we've got a new recruit wink

OutragedFromLeeds Sat 22-Dec-12 21:02:18

Is DBS the new name for a CRB check? I don't know if it's changed recently, but it's always been the case that you can't get a CRB done yourself, if she goes through an agency they will do one for her or if she registers with Ofsted they will do one as part of the registration process. Most families want an Oftsed registered nanny now so probably a good idea to register anyway.

Chocolateporridge Sat 22-Dec-12 20:40:12

My friend is starting out as a nanny and wants to get a DBS check or similar done for herself so she can show it to prospective employers. She can't seem to find out how to do this, can anyone help? I'm clueless and live in Scotland so things are probably different in England where she lives anyway! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now