Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

my ex nanny is suing me

(18 Posts)
nannykatherine Sun 23-Dec-12 18:22:22

Can you not sit down with her and sort it out ? Was this mentioned in her contract . Did you have a contract ?

YDdraigGoch Sun 23-Dec-12 13:29:38

Before you go to court - would it be cheaper to pay her for holiday not taken, or come to some other compromise? Seems daft to incur expenses, AND have to cough up if you lose.

fraktion Sun 23-Dec-12 13:25:39

SIL may be able to help too. It'll give us something to talk about chez crazy PILs...

ReallyTired Sat 22-Dec-12 23:15:22

ACAS are brilliant. You can have ACAS mediate an employment dispute and it would be far cheaper than an employment trubunal. I am not sure if this is an area for an employement tribunal or small claims court. ACAS will advise how best to settle a claim.

florenceuk Sat 22-Dec-12 23:09:14

Ok thanks!!

PowerPants Sat 22-Dec-12 23:00:52

PM me florence - am not a lawyer but dh may know what we do if that helps??

thinkfast Sat 22-Dec-12 22:48:32

If you want some free advice as a starting point try the Acas helpline

InExitCelsisDeo Sat 22-Dec-12 22:43:05

I would have thought leave should be taken in the year in which it was accrued, but I suppose it depends what your contract says.

florenceuk Sat 22-Dec-12 22:41:14

No it's whether she can carry over leave from one year to the next. Happy to pm anyone with a view with all the gory details.

PowerPants Sat 22-Dec-12 22:09:48

Florence - is it maternity related?

fraktion Sat 22-Dec-12 22:07:13

Do you have legal cover on your house insurance?

florenceuk Sat 22-Dec-12 14:35:20

ok will post in legal

florenceuk Sat 22-Dec-12 14:35:01

I'm in London. It is a dispute about holiday pay - I've no idea where to start really and would be happy to pm people rather than discuss it all online.

nkf Sat 22-Dec-12 14:34:13

I don't know any but you might be better of in legal. Or asking someone who works in HR.

bradywasmyfavouritewiseman Sat 22-Dec-12 14:32:59

Is there anyway of settling without going to court? Did you know she was unhappy before she sought legal advice.

you would need to pick a lawyer based on their area of expertise. You need to go see a few and have a consultation. Then pick.

NotSpartacus Sat 22-Dec-12 14:32:58

Where are you based?

forevergreek Sat 22-Dec-12 14:31:08

Why? Do you owe her something?

florenceuk Sat 22-Dec-12 14:29:25

without going into details does anybody know an employment lawyer I could consult?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now