Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

EYFS Requirements for Risk Assessment

(5 Posts)
Italiana Wed 21-Nov-12 21:23:17

Ofsted have just published the new requirements for Risk assessment because the EYFS now requires a policy to be in place
(A childcare fact sheet No 120334)

www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-requirements-for-risk-assessments
Hope the blooming link works here because I have just printed my copy !!!!??? (fingers crossed!)

HSMM Wed 21-Nov-12 21:59:37

Got it. Thanks.

HSMM Wed 21-Nov-12 22:01:46

But it still say 'You must have these in writing unless you are a childminder'.

Personally, I prefer to have everything in document form, so inspectors can read it, instead of asking me loads of questions.

Italiana Wed 21-Nov-12 22:37:37

HSMM I think most c/ms have some sort of risk assessment and I hope no one is rushing to add any more paperwork!!!
I have kept mine as it is, I update it as I need and in addition I have added a paragraph to my Health and Safety policy about Risk assessment...

I think that it is more than required and if the inspector does not like it I will argue it suits my practice and keeps my children safe....the message I got from the ofsted workshop is that we should be confident to challenge those targets on the inspector laptop!

HSMM Wed 21-Nov-12 23:05:28

Agreed Italiana. I didn't change much when EYFS came in and apart from a few extra lines in my policies and procedures, I didn't change anything when the EYFS was revised, or when I took on funded children.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: