Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Please can someone help with this CYPOP5 question!

(6 Posts)
bitofanovice Fri 09-Nov-12 15:03:43

'Know where to obtain current guidance on health and safety and risk assessment of the home based work setting'. I think it is after a list of assosiations etc. But i am so worn out with the previous questions i can't think straight.

januarysnowdrop Fri 09-Nov-12 16:30:21

Here's what I wrote for that bit:

Current guidance on heath and safety risk assessments in the home based setting is available from the RoSPA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents) website at It includes a whole section on home safety which includes specific advice on preventing accidents among children.

The Health and Safety Executive website ( also contains general guidance about health and safety risk assessment, although this is less specific to children's needs.

So yes - basically just a list of associations. The assessor was happy with how I did this one.

Hope this helps!

GrimAndHumourless Fri 09-Nov-12 16:35:47

Also HPA guidance, partic the poster/leaflet about infectious illnesses and exclusion times for them

How about NCMA/the new name

The Food Standards Agency too

Any good? I am v tired

fraktion Fri 09-Nov-12 19:31:47

NHS advice on preparing bottles of formula

LesbianMummy1 Sun 11-Nov-12 10:34:35

Also try the child accident prevention trust (capt)

naturalbaby Mon 12-Nov-12 22:41:53

I did this one the other night - I had a book from the course with a list of recommended websites in the back so put hse and rospa.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: