Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Would you believe a 2 year old?

(6 Posts)
headfairy Thu 08-Nov-12 19:50:54

Dd (2.9) told my mum today that our nanny (who brings her own dd, also 2.9, to work with her) often lies down on my dds bed in the day and "has a sleep" with her dd. when my mum asked my dd what she did when this happens, dd said she played either upstairs or downstairs.

Wwyd?

MrsPotato Thu 08-Nov-12 20:05:08

You need to speak to the nanny asap and decide what to do based on her response.

My 2 year old has said that Granny hit her when I've beeb in the same room and know she hasnt touched her (and know she never would!) But if she snatches a toy from another child she always tells the truth and owns up.

Your nanny may well pretend to sleep to get her daughter to sleep and puts your child is in another room with another activity. Not what I'd do but a plausible scenario. I'd think it was unlikely for a nanny to regularly sleep on the job, especially when your child can obviously communicate very well.

StillSquiffy Thu 08-Nov-12 20:07:07

IT's an odd thing to make up, so I'd question the nanny.

SamSmalaidh Thu 08-Nov-12 20:07:40

You need to ask the nanny. It could be as simple as she lies down with her DD for a few minutes to get her to sleep.

HolyBrrrrrrBatman Thu 08-Nov-12 20:18:05

I'd raise it with the nanny in a casual way if you feel you need to, but I would imagine it's as Sam says and she's lying down with her DD to get her to sleep.

calmlychaotic Thu 08-Nov-12 22:53:17

I am a childminder work with an assistant, my ds told his dad today that he didnt get any tea and he was hungry because the assistant ate all his tea! totally not true! i thought it was an odd thing to make up but i was sat at the same table as him at tea time so i know he ate it all himself.
I have often pretended to go to sleep with mindees or my own child, lying down next to the travel cot or mat to settle them to sleep. I would bring it up though, its worth checking just to put your mind at rest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now