Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Ofsted inspection intervals

(14 Posts)
amy175 Sun 04-Nov-12 14:11:21

Does anyone have any idea if they are sticking to the 3 year interval?

MrAnchovy Sun 04-Nov-12 16:24:36

No, they have been failing to meet this for some time and it has now been officially abandoned. They now have until the end of July 2016 to inspect everyone, and are prioritising those with poorer results from previous inspections.

amy175 Sun 04-Nov-12 17:42:09

thanks

Tanith Sun 04-Nov-12 20:06:18

Our network co-ordinator told us that, if we have an Outstanding grade, we won't be inspected for 6 years. Mine should be due next year. I am, of course, perfect at all times grin so I don't expect I'll see them just yet.

Do you know where it says that officially, MrAnchovy? Our co-ordinator could only repeat what she'd been told.

Italiana Sun 04-Nov-12 22:23:51

None of the above is in any of the recent Ofsted publications....a bit of speculation going on maybe?
The new cycle is 47 months...it started Sept 2012 and will end August 2016 by which time we will all be inspected...not reinspected, because it will be under EYFS 2012...this is a new inspection framework within a new cycle

Shall we ask the Ofsted Manager attending the Q&A workshop on 17 Nov?

Tanith Sun 04-Nov-12 23:15:41

Would be good! There seems to be no change regarding the nurseries in this area: they are being inspected on time so far as I can tell. I do know that the childminder inspections are behind by about a year.
I am concerned that this may result in deregulation by the back door.

MrAnchovy Sun 04-Nov-12 23:35:47

It says it officially here, and it relates to all providers on the Early Years Register.

Tanith Mon 05-Nov-12 08:24:16

Thank you - very interesting!

Italiana Mon 05-Nov-12 09:43:34

Yes very interesting...but this is a private letter from Gove to Wilshaw...how many have actually had the opportunity to see it?
Apart from saying that Ofsted is now in charge of decisions and must prioritise those who need 'improvement' therefore satisfactory/inadequate what does it say?
Very worrying that those newly registered should be inspected within 3 years of registration?

This will fuel questions by those waiting for an inspection as they have to wait years for one...

MrAnchovy Mon 05-Nov-12 10:01:58

No it is not a private letter, it is a formal instruction from a Minister excercising the powers of the Department for Education to lay out the requirements for inspection which Ofsted must fulfil.

Everyone has had the opportunity to see it, it has been published by the DfE here.

Italiana Mon 05-Nov-12 11:57:57

Sorry I seemed to have missed it but am limited in how much I can research
If it had been made public all the questions regarding this matter may have been avoided....same goes for letter from Gove to Wilshaw 12 july announcing deregulation via the back door!!!

Anyway we are going to put this to the Ofsted manager on 17 Nov at the workshop...lets see what she replies

Italiana Mon 05-Nov-12 12:06:45

Mr Anchovy...may I extend an invitation for you to attend our Ofsted workshop?
I think you would be then up to date as to the latest and support you give even more appreciated...it is certainly much more than we receive from those who govern us or we pay for representation...hope you accept.

MrAnchovy Mon 05-Nov-12 13:34:04

same goes for letter from Gove to Wilshaw 12 july announcing deregulation via the back door

It's the same letter. Thanks for the invitation, I should be able to come on the 17th grin

Italiana Mon 05-Nov-12 16:11:48

That is great !!! Your icon does not look too pleased???
Details are in the other post
...and it is the same letter...apologies I think I am reading too many reports etc etc ...wish they'd give us a break now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now