Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Some advice please re child in reception ( I am a cm)

(8 Posts)
MUM2BLESS Fri 02-Nov-12 21:48:40

I childmind a four year old who started full time reception in Sept. She comes to me in the hols.

1. Do I still need to do observations?
2. Does Ofsted still look at L J's and work carried out by the children (I have display folders with art work in)?
3. Now that she is in reception, should I hand over the stuff to her parents or when she leaves me?
4. I have put a lot of time into doing the LJ's and folders. If Osted still looks at these, should I ask her parents for permission to keep these until my Ofsted visit.

Ofsted was due almost a year ago.

Thank you for your help, in advance. smile

wishiwasonholiday Fri 02-Nov-12 21:50:48

You do them til the 31st August after their fifth birthday unless that has changed in the new eyfs and I've missed it?

Not been inspected since changed big would imagine they still want to see learning journals etc.

MUM2BLESS Fri 02-Nov-12 21:57:13

Thank you so much.

shockedminder Fri 02-Nov-12 22:45:27

I'm pretty sure you do some kind of hand over report (like the summative assessments) for school, give the file to the parents and leave the rest to school now as the new EYFS states that we don't need to do for wrap around care anymore. This is what I've done for mine anyway.

ZuleikaD Sat 03-Nov-12 06:21:40

Actually if the school is doing the LJ stuff then you don't need to. It's the primary childcarer who has the responsibility so if you're just wraparound then you can stop.

MUM2BLESS Sat 03-Nov-12 16:05:08

Thanks.

The nursery was doing some type of L J before little one started reception. I have started doing a memory book to put some useful info in. For example the little one did a pic of her teacher.

I want to ensure that I don't give myself any unecessary work to do.

Italiana Sat 03-Nov-12 16:45:29

If you don't have any other children I would hold on to the records so you can show Ofsted...otherwise show the ones for the other children which you are currently doing

I read on Twitter that learning journals are not a 'requirement'...this from a very well known trainer. Checked EYFS but it does not say yes or no but difficult to show evidence without them

MUM2BLESS Sat 03-Nov-12 20:49:05

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now