Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

what do your nearly 2 year olds love doing?

(8 Posts)
bitofanovice Thu 01-Nov-12 14:37:05

I am new to childminding and look after 2 nearly two year olds (boy and girl). I want to think of some structured craft etc to do with them and would really appreciate your advice.

PseudoBadger Thu 01-Nov-12 14:43:51

Chalk board? Sorting things (cars into a line, pots and pans). Music/instruments.

ZuleikaD Thu 01-Nov-12 16:20:38

Playdoh (if I make them things that they can then mash), agree with chalkboard, cooking, making marks.

ZuleikaD Thu 01-Nov-12 16:28:25

As I speak the 23m old is walking around with the alphabet cutters stacked into the steamer that he's fished out of the cupboard telling me that he's cooking.

HappyJoyful Thu 01-Nov-12 16:29:43

anything to do with glue, glitter and paint

HappyJoyful Thu 01-Nov-12 16:32:56

apologies, you said structured. Not sure they are that capable of structured - but DD's CM makes all sorts of things out of egg boxes, she cuts up shapes and they decorate such as fish, butterflies, trains and then selotapes them on to a straw so they can hold them. DD also (well I loved it!) decorated a wee wooden trinket box from somewhere like hobbycraft (apologies no idea how expensive these cost) but sure you can buy tonnes of things. Pipe cleaners are great for spiders legs.

HappyJoyful Thu 01-Nov-12 16:33:46

seed planting is another good, cheap and simple one to do - cress heads or sunflowers

bitofanovice Thu 01-Nov-12 16:50:15

Great ideas thanks. I am feeling inspired!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now