Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How much do I pay a flexible nanny in West London

(4 Posts)
JugglingChaotically Wed 31-Oct-12 21:15:39

Help! We are looking to move to a new nanny as our current one is leaving ��but our youngest has gone to school so we need to cut back.
I have always agreed net wage (yes I know I shouldn't but ..) and then grossed up via nannytax.
The new nanny/pa/dog walker would work 34 hours over 4 days in term time and 42 hrs a week over 4 days in the school hols.
I will have to agree a gross rate including an hourly rate for any over time.
What is the going rate? What sort of premium has to be paid for part time?
I have a lovely nanny interested and want to make a fair offer but can't afford to overpay.

JugglingChaotically Wed 31-Oct-12 21:18:02

Sorry for the typos. She would have another job too so it must be a gross wage.

nannynick Wed 31-Oct-12 21:34:03

What experience does the nanny have - that may be a factor.
I would have thought you are looking 12-14 Gross an hour for someone experienced and willing to do less hours termtime than in holiday time.

There is a recent thread on here about nanny holiday that will be useful to you given the different hours termtime vs school holidays.

JugglingChaotically Wed 31-Oct-12 21:48:39

Thanks. We were thinking of 13 gross so sounds ok.
She is very experienced and lives within a short bike ride so really ideal.
Did look for another post on this but didn't find any.
Was slightly spooked looking on gumtree and saw one at 13-15 net which we just can't afford.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now