Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

2 year assessments - childminders

(8 Posts)
walkingonthemoon Wed 31-Oct-12 13:03:49

Hello

Just a few things if anyone can shed any light...

I have a 2 year old that was 2 in July - should I still do a two year summary or not? Some people say yes but others not (as she was 2 before the change in legislation...)

Also, does anyone have a clear and simple form that they use they would care to share or point me in the right direction? I already do quarterly feedback to parents so struggling to see how this differs from a 2 year assessment? Have a mindee that will be 2 in November so need to get my head around this!!!

Thanks!

WOTM

HSMM Wed 31-Oct-12 14:36:32

I use my termly assessments. If your assessments relate to EYFS developmental goals, then you can probably use them.

mindingalongtime Wed 31-Oct-12 15:52:44

Yes, because the 2 year check is anytime after the second birthday, and the best time to do it is near their 2 year check, which tends to be 2.6, as we all know there is a huge difference between 2 and nearly 3.
I believe it is also good practise and shows your commitment and knowledge of the child ( Ofsted)

Italiana Wed 31-Oct-12 21:45:56

If you check the Foundation Years website you can download the 'A Know How Guide' The EYFS progress check at age two...it has templates for suggetsed ways you can do the progress check
Unless I am wrong and got the 2 training sessions wrong this check has to show specific things...please get support if unsure...I have devised my own after looking at various templates, it has to work for you!

HSMM Wed 31-Oct-12 21:52:43

www.foundationyears.org.uk/early-years-foundation-stage-2012/ I think this is the one Italiana is referring to.

Italiana Wed 31-Oct-12 21:57:45

Thank you HSMM...links are not my forte!

HSMM Wed 31-Oct-12 22:01:27

I know smile and getting parents to give any kind of feedback is not mine!

Italiana Wed 31-Oct-12 22:06:01

I don't mind as I find the reports so rewarding when they show all the achievements but sometimes parents take them so lightly after all the work that goes into them!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now