Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CMs - tell me that I am not BU!

(19 Posts)
Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 30-Oct-12 07:05:15

Two brothers arrived this morning, aged 8 and 6. Eight yr old says he vomitted yesterday, younger brother the day before and mum this morning!! She went off to work and left the boys here.

I have phoned her to fetch them. If I get sick, I cannot work.

angry

It is in my policies....

This is just a frantic rant, by the way.

NickNacks Tue 30-Oct-12 07:07:00

Yadnbu!!!!

What is wrong with some people?

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 30-Oct-12 07:08:49

ARGH! I feel guilty as she is a single mum and she really and truly does her very best in difficult circumstances for her boys.

I would not be feeling guilty leaning over the toilet bowl in a day or two's time, though. I had best bear that in mind.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 30-Oct-12 07:09:19

Out come the anti-bac and kitchen towel.

Gumby Tue 30-Oct-12 07:12:39

Is she coming?

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 30-Oct-12 07:15:19

Yes, she said she would fetch them.

If she is not here by 7.45 I will ring again.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 30-Oct-12 07:25:52

They have left.

Gumby Tue 30-Oct-12 07:32:10

Phew! What did she say?

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 30-Oct-12 07:35:27

She said that the eldest had last been sick yesterday afternoon so she thought it would be okay. I asked her if she was alright (she really does not look well) and she said that she had been sick, but was fine. the boys had told me she was sick this morning.

She apologised and said that she would let me know later today how they were. I said if there were no more incidents during the day then I could have them tomorrow.

I told her I had 6 other families I childmind for and if I am sick then I cannot have their children. angry

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 30-Oct-12 10:16:41

You were right to call her

Does your policy / contract say about sickness and to keep off for 24/48 hrs?

minderjinx Tue 30-Oct-12 12:30:05

Not at all unreasonable. Most would exclude for 48 hours I think, and they shouldn't be at school either.

ZuleikaD Tue 30-Oct-12 15:12:33

I exclude for 48 hours. Not unreasonable at all!!

poopnscoop Tue 30-Oct-12 17:06:36

It's standard procedure to exclude for 48 hours after last bout of d &/or v... she was very cheeky bringing them to you!

Bamaluz Tue 30-Oct-12 17:14:07

Having just got over a bout of D&V caught from a baby last week I think you are being very sensible. I wish I had been a bit more decisive and sent him home at the first signs of illness, especially as his mum had it.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 30-Oct-12 17:39:11

Our schools exclude for 24 hours from last bout so i do that too. For EY children, it is 48 hours.

Wonder now if that is discriminatory???

ScarahScreams Tue 30-Oct-12 17:43:58

Why do people do this?

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 30-Oct-12 18:00:19

I reckon either they don't care, or they are worried about their jobs, or they have no concern or forethought for the childcare provider.

anewyear Fri 02-Nov-12 19:26:55

Quote 'they have no concern or forethought for the childcare provider.'

Or the other children and their parents in the setting/s who may lose pay because they have to take time off sick..

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Fri 02-Nov-12 22:28:11

I agree, Anewyear. Yes, most certainly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now