Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Furious with parent - WWYD?

(7 Posts)
fivesacrowd Mon 29-Oct-12 14:42:21

Need some perspective from other cm. I met my friend for coffee today and she was telling me that she'd met one of the mums I cm for last week. They vaguely know one another from toddler group years ago and through knowing me. So, parent proceeds to tell my friend that she's having to start a new business venture to pay her childcare expenses and asked did my friend know that I had put my fees up? Friend said that we didn't ever discuss that kind of thing. She was mortified. I'm really annoyed - I only charge them term time (he's a teacher) so they get a reduced rate anyway and my fees are going up a small amount to bring me into line with the lower end of what cm charge in area - i've also given them 6 months notice of the change and I do loads with their dd.
Feel totally undervalued. Dh says that I knew what they are like when I took on their dd and just to laugh it off but WWYD?

cansu Mon 29-Oct-12 14:51:10

I can't really see the issue, other than your mutual friend who is gossiping would do better to keep her mouth shut! I think the parent is allowed to moan to a friend that her child care is more expensive. We all moan when we have to pay more for a service. It doesn't reflect in any way on her view of the care you provide her dd. you are being over sensitive tbh.

Floralnomad Mon 29-Oct-12 14:55:14

Sorry I can't see what your issue is , she was simply having a conversation with a friend , its hardly her fault that the friend can't keep her mouth shut .

bigpaws Mon 29-Oct-12 16:52:09

Not really an issue in my opinion. When I started reading your post I was thinking far worse things they could have been discussing about you (knowing how people gossip).

I wouldn't worry. wink

BeingBooyhoo Mon 29-Oct-12 16:55:45

people are entitled to discuss what they pay for childcare with whoever they wish! why are you furious? she didn't make it up. you did put your fees up.

fivesacrowd Mon 29-Oct-12 17:42:47

No longer furious with parent but mightily pee'd off with "friend" having found out that she was so "mortified" she shared the story with several other people before she told me. Now feel sorry for parent as rumour mill in overdrive about how she can't afford her childcare. Might teach her to be more careful who she talks to - certainly taught me to be more careful about who I listen to sad

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 29-Oct-12 17:43:07

have to agree with all the others

your parent hasnt really done anything apart to say you had put your fees up,which you have, and obv you are entitled to

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now