Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

childminder name

(7 Posts)
katielives Mon 29-Oct-12 12:54:08

Im just starting a childminding business but cant fink of a catchy name.

ZuleikaD Mon 29-Oct-12 13:10:18

Well, what's your ethos/way of doing things? A lot of childminders don't bother with a 'business' name but if you want to, try and think of something that expresses the way you go about things.

Italiana Mon 29-Oct-12 20:01:36

Why don't you use your own name....you are 'the business'...self advertising !!! and you can personilise your own paperwork with that too using it in headers and footers...save a lot of time every time you need to document anything.

GrimAndHumourless Mon 29-Oct-12 20:16:23

yes use your own name, keep it simple

HSMM Mon 29-Oct-12 20:56:59

I gave myself a business name years ago, but it would probably be simpler just to use my own name. It did give me a name to use as a website.

HSMM Mon 29-Oct-12 20:59:21

You also have to think of a name suitable for babies and 11 yr olds and which reflects the idea of play and family and education and everything else. It's not easy. You don't want a primary school child refusing to come because the name is too babyish.

minderjinx Tue 30-Oct-12 07:21:27

I chose a business name so my assistant could have a reference on headed notepaper from a pukka childcare "business" rather than from her mate Jinx!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now