Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What usually happens when your mindees start school?

(4 Posts)
NotAnotherNewNappy Fri 26-Oct-12 10:16:29

DD1 is due to start school next September. Ideally, I would like their current CM to just pick her up in the afternoons during term time but to have her all day during the school holidays. If I ask for this, will she expect me to pay her all day - even in term time - as I am effectively reserving her place?

DD2 will still go to her all day. She only has them 2 days per week.

NickNacks Fri 26-Oct-12 10:20:18

No mine just shift to exactly the contract you describe. Childminders have two different 'age ranges' for ratios and once a child starts full time school thry move into the next group and your cm will be able to take on a new little one.

The only thing to consider and work out in advance is the setting in days your child may have in the first few weeks of Reception.

looneytune Fri 26-Oct-12 13:27:37

Same as NickNacks said - my ds2 and long term mindee started school this September and didn't start full time til around 20th so until then, mindee's mum had to pay me all day as she still wanted me to do the pickups (otherwise I wouldn't have charged her and could have started my new ones earlier). One thing to bear in mind is your CM may not want to do the half day pickups (if you have this) so you may need to work round those settling in days yourself

Dozer Fri 26-Oct-12 18:48:23

It might depend on cars too: our CM only has 4 child spaces in her car, and does school runs/outings during holidays etc by car, so if she kept on a mindee who went to school she wouldn't have space in her car for a new one to fill the full-day space.

Am hoping she will get a people carrier!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now