Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Registered c/minders...can you help?

(8 Posts)
Italiana Tue 23-Oct-12 20:49:06

As you know I am organizing the free ofsted workshop for c/ms on Sat 17 Nov with a colleague...venue and refreshments on us (posted this in this forum)

You may ask why...I feel c/ms deserve the opportunity to get an event like this just for us as we are unable to access the expensive conferences, usually running during the week...I honestly feel this is supposed to be done by those representing us but no joy there...so got hold of my initiative and sent a few emails and Ofsted Liz Elsom has accepted the invitation

I am limited in how I can advertise this as I have no access to all areas, emails and must be careful about Data Protection
I have blogged on NCMA Local
EYE, Nursery World and PLA have responded to my request and will advertise this too as I have done on Twitter and others on Facebook

I know that there are many c/ms here in this forum offering good peer support and I would like to ask you to help spread the word in your community and on whatever forum you write

We have now opened the event to anyone from LAs who wish to come and the train c/ms in their area as well as pre-school practitioners...the more attend the wider the information will spread

I have not asked nannies but they too would be most welcome

Thank you

Italiana Thu 25-Oct-12 22:20:08

Well ...very disappointed to see that no one seems willing to offer support in advertising this event...not even NCMA have answered my call for help

There is no other event on offer for c/ms unless you are prepared to pay dearly to attend conferences to put your concerns to Ofsted yourself...this has been organized by c/ms for c/ms

I hope that many will see the value of this event and the benefits from a few hours of attendance...or we can continue to debate on our individual interpretations until 2016 and complain when we are awarded a grade below what we feel we should receive ???

NickNacks Fri 26-Oct-12 13:10:28

My local borough organised, free of charge, a Q and A with a Tribal inspector so not strictly true. This was just two weeks ago.

Plus there's no details on this thread as to location etc so how are we supposed to promote your event?

HSMM Fri 26-Oct-12 13:30:26

I forwarded your original thread to other CMs in my area. I don't know if any of them booked.

Italiana Fri 26-Oct-12 15:05:18

I have blogged all the information in another forum a while back ... did not want to repeat

A Tribal inspector is not the same as Liz Elsom...yes I am aware some LAs have been good enough to invite Ofsted for a Q&A session but not all of them did

A c/ms has just been inspected by a Tribal inspector and now receiving advice to complain about her grade whic appears to be unfair...so I know who I want to question

Thank you HMSS I appreciate the help...just emailed my LA to ask for help advertise and they have to check if possible?...have asked NCMA two weeks ago to help...request ignored....so every little helps

Italiana Sat 27-Oct-12 09:03:55

NichNacks ...it is not my event...I really do not need to have questions clarified but I am sure I will learn something on the day

I heard Liz Elsom in a conference in January then again in May and will hear her again on 4 Dec as I have booked for the Daycare Trust conference where Liz Truss will speak as well....
so this is purely an altruistic action by a c/m trying to help other c/ms so we can be heard...

Two c/ms are co-ordinating this event and my colleague has put the event on Facebook but I feel the advertising has to go further as I am limited....all we need is for c/ms to email others or use Mumsnet or Twitter

As said this is something my representing association should do, but refused to organize anything for us and my LA should support as well...they won't I am more than sure about it...

These are the deatails of the free workshop
Sat 17 Nov 10am - 1pm (booking required)
St Marys Church Hall Church St Twickenham TW1 3JN

I have no idea how to get people to contact me from Mumsnet ...not sure if it safe to put email here...but I'll cross that bridge when I get there

Thank you for any kind of help you can offer

nannynick Sat 27-Oct-12 09:29:21

Maybe Surrey Early Years could mention it in their enewsletter. Not sure how you could get them to do that - do you have any local contacts at borough council or at county?

Italiana Sat 27-Oct-12 09:44:14

Thank you Nannynick...great idea...I think I am wasting time and energy with my association and LA so I will look others up on Monday and see if they can help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now