Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Cypop5 1st question!

(7 Posts)
isthatstrange Tue 23-Oct-12 12:48:45

Hi there. I am really hoping someone can tell me which 4 legislations they cited in the first question. I have included Childrens Act (1989 and 2004), Childcare Act (2006) and i think protection of children act and race relations act (but not sure if they are right!)

Runoutofideas Tue 23-Oct-12 14:24:16

Think you need the Equality act too.

NotAChocolateRaisin Tue 23-Oct-12 20:07:45

Legislations
Every Child Matters
Every Child Matters (ECM) is a programme of reform for children’s services. It has 5 main outcomes;
1.Staying safe – looking at how providers contribute to ensuring that children are safe from harm. Evidenced with; complying with child protection legislation; protecting young people and vulnerable adults from bullying, CRB checks, harassment and other forms of mistreatment, crime, anti-social behaviour, discrimination, sexual exploitation, violence and other dangers.
2.Being Healthy – looking at how providers of childcare contribute to the development of healthy lifestyles in children inc. physical, mental, emotional and sexual health. Evidenced with; participation in sport and exercise; health eating and the drinking of water; the ability to recognise and combat personal stress; having self-esteem; and the avoidance of drug taking including smoking and alcohol.
3.Achieving economic well-being – looking at the effectiveness of the ways in which the provider prepares learners for the acquisition of the skills and knowledge needed for employment and for economically independent living.
4.Enjoying and achieving – evidenced with; attending and enjoying education, progress with learning and personal development, attendance monitoring.
5.Making a positive contribution – looking at the development of self-confidence and enterprising behaviour in learners.
Childcare Act (2004 & 1989)
The Children Act 2004 amended the Children Act 1989 largely in response to the Victoria Climbie inquiry. A set of goals lead to the creation of the Act. It’s main purpose was to give boundaries and help for local authorities to better regulate official intervention in the interests of children. The Act made changes to legislation for children specifically foster homes, adoption agencies, babysitting and the handling of child-related crime.
EYFS Statutory Framework
1.Learning and development requirements – includes 7 areas of learning and development and educational programmes.
The three prime areas are:
•Communication and language
•Physical development
•Personal, social and emotional development
Within these three areas, the main concerns are:
•Literacy
•Mathematics
•Understanding the World
•Expressive arts and design.
2.The early learning goals - which summarise the knowledge, skills and understanding that all children should have gained by the end of the Reception year
3.The assessment requirements - when and how practitioners must assess children’s achievements and when and how they should discuss children’s progress with parents and/or carers.

NotAChocolateRaisin Tue 23-Oct-12 20:09:44

You can also inc:

Education Act 1981
Education Reform Act 1988
United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
Children and Young People Act 2008
Care Standards Act 2000
Special Educational Needs and Disability Act 2001

NotAChocolateRaisin Tue 23-Oct-12 20:10:36

That first one has been copied and pasted directly from my work though so just use it for reference wink

I hated this part of the course

isthatstrange Wed 24-Oct-12 17:13:29

Wow, thanks for that NotAChocolateRaisin. I have just submitted task 1 and am now working on task 2. There is so much to do!!! I am stuck on how to explain the procedures that need to be followed by lone workers in home based settings when harm or abuse are suspected or alleged, either against them or third parties!!! Have you completed the course?

NotAChocolateRaisin Wed 24-Oct-12 21:30:50

Not 100% complete yet. I've done most though. I'll have a look on my computer tomorrow and see what I can get for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now