Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Does anyone know how to go about being a childminder?

(5 Posts)
MrsCantSayAnything Tue 23-Oct-12 12:27:12

How does one train? Where to go for advice please? I have just realised that I think I would enjoy looking after smaller DC....would really like any advice?

wishiwasonholiday Tue 23-Oct-12 12:29:30

Contact ofsted and your local families information service, our council said you had to do their course but you can apply direct to ofsted, if your local authority run courses they may be helpful.

www.childmindingforum.co.uk is also a fab site for advice.

MrsCantSayAnything Tue 23-Oct-12 12:32:57

Oh thank you! And do you know how long it all takes? May I expect to be sorted out with it all in a year? Or is that too soon?

Runoutofideas Tue 23-Oct-12 14:22:07

It depends when you can get on to a training course, but a year should be plenty of time. My LA did not require me to train through them, so I did the NCMA course which I completed in 3 months. You would also need to do a first aid course.

wishiwasonholiday Tue 23-Oct-12 14:30:23

I was registered in 3 months too, and that was with mmr dawdling too with getting medical forms filled in which aren't cheap by the way, mine cost £90.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now