Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How likely am I to find someone for this?

(5 Posts)
sleeplessinderbyshire Mon 22-Oct-12 16:01:25

I need someone to come with me to a swimming pool, look after DD2 (baby) for 30 mins whilst I swim with DD1 (3yrs old)and then sit with DD1 for 30 mins whilst I swim with DD2. Ideally they would dress dd2 into her swimming stuff and help dd1 to get changed but that is not essential. Would make my life miles easier than going to swimming lessons on different days whilst each is in alternative child are and will mean we can all keep swimming when I return to work in the new year. I was thinking about asking at a secondary school round the corner from the pool as the lessons are at 4 and 430 on a weekday so would work as an after school job for a teenager.... Any other suggestions? (no diversion of thread to say water babies is a waste of money etc etc I want to keep on with swimming and as a baby space has come up in the pool where dd1 goes straight aft her lesson seems madness not to try this)

pippop1 Mon 22-Oct-12 16:54:04

I think if you can give teenager a lift to the pool and back from the school you will easily find someone. I'd contact the Head of 6th Form and see if they recommend anyone.

What were you thinking of paying by the way? £10 to £15 is what I'd expect to pay for the time (which will be more than an hour I would imagine).

PurplePidjInAPointyHat Mon 22-Oct-12 17:03:54

Is there another parent with similar aged children you could have a reciprocal arrangement with?

NatashaBee Mon 22-Oct-12 17:13:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

eeyore12 Mon 22-Oct-12 17:15:55

Where abouts are you? It would be something I would be interested in helping with if any where near Epsom. I will be on mat leave until end of April but my parents could have my baby for that time, and may be able to continue once back at work depending on new job.

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now