Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Does 1 day count as holiday?

(6 Posts)
blondefriend Sun 21-Oct-12 21:09:10

A quick question from a parent.

My ds goes to a childminder 4 days a week. The contract with the CM is to pay .5 on days where she is poorly or either we or her are on holiday. All fine. Anyway we are taking the kids out for the day on Wednesday and let her know 2+ weeks ago. Would you count that as a holiday (pay 1/2) or should we still pay full day?

Thanks.

mogandme Sun 21-Oct-12 21:12:52

I would assume it comes out of your holiday allowance - However I am a nanny so not 100% sure.

looneytune Sun 21-Oct-12 21:13:09

I'd charge a full day but that's only because I charge the usual fee if the child is off for any reason and I'm open (but don't charge anything if I close). As she charges half fees for holidays on both sides and you did give her notice then I'd say you only need to pay half (unless she put half fees as long as has X notice and that notice is more than 2 weeks).

apotomak Sun 21-Oct-12 21:13:54

What does your contract say about holiday notice period?

ZuleikaD Mon 22-Oct-12 06:17:04

It depends what your holiday notice period is and how much holiday you've already had this year. As a CM I require 4 weeks notice of holiday, so in that circumstance you would have to pay full fee.

In passing, it's unusual for your CM to charge anything on days when she's ill and doesn't work.

blondefriend Wed 24-Oct-12 21:29:35

Thank you. We haven't got a holiday notice period so I assume 2 weeks is ok. We have paid her for 2 days (full pay) in the past when we have taken DS to hospital appointments in London with notice so won't feel too guilty paying 0.5. She is a great CM though so want to keep our good relationship going and sometimes a bit extra here or there helps that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now