Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Silly question about nappy rash....

(7 Posts)
Nottigermum Fri 19-Oct-12 15:03:30

I'm a CM and have been for some time, but I have a little nagging problem and I'm not sure how to approach it and what to do... It's a bit trivial but what would you do...

I look after a 1 year old little girl and every time she comes here she has a nappy rash. Her parents are always putting her in tights and I think it's giving her the rash ie the tights are pushing the nappy right against her bum and there's no 'air circulation'. When she comes here I always take her tights off and put jogging bottoms on her when it's cold, and after the three days that she is here her rash has gone. I told this to the parents but they don't think that the rash is caused by the tights... Should I remind them, or would you just leave it? I am nor sure that the tights are the cause, but I do change her often and follow common sense - change quickly after poo and wash with cotton wool.

BornToShopForcedToWork Fri 19-Oct-12 15:18:23

Is she teething? What nappies do you use?

Nottigermum Fri 19-Oct-12 16:04:12

yes she is teething, but her rash clears up when she is here and comes back when she is with her parents> they use aon branded type nappy i think tesco's own.

BornToShopForcedToWork Fri 19-Oct-12 16:09:26

Might be her nappies then. I found Huggies to be the best ones if babies tend to get nappy rash easily. E45 nappy cream is another thing that helps.

iloveshortshorts Fri 19-Oct-12 16:20:28

You could remind them again, but sadly you cant make them change their daughters nappy more often.

this happened to me when i looked after two little boys (monday to wednesday), on the monday they had a sore bum by wednesday it would be gone.
the rest of the week they would be with their parents then by monday their poor bums would be sore again. sad

it was very fustrating to see them in pain.

LingDiLong Fri 19-Oct-12 22:55:15

If they don't accept that the tights are causing it then I don't think you can keep mentioning it. It might be worth looking at her diet when she's with you - perhaps she's eating something at home that's causing it? Do they use wipes instead of cotton wool?

5madthings Fri 19-Oct-12 23:10:57

my dd has always worn tights and never had nappy rash, i guess it might not help but i doubt its the only cause.

it could be anything teething, food, nappies, wipes, frequency of nappy changes or if they dont change her straight away when she has a poo etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now