Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Books on Early Years Foundation?! Clueless nanny Nerds help

(7 Posts)
BornToShopForcedToWork Fri 19-Oct-12 15:00:17

Hello,

I had to drop off my Little one at my neighbours house today in an emergency situation. She is training to become a childminder and very educational focused if that makes sense. I always thought I was a great nanny but after seeing how much fun my little one had at her house today I feel a bit down and wonder if there are any good books on the early years?

Thanks!

BornToShopForcedToWork Fri 19-Oct-12 15:03:18

Oh my bloody autocorrect. Of course nanny needs help, not nerds!

HSMM Fri 19-Oct-12 19:22:54

Look up the EYFS 2012 development matters. There are some ideas of activities on there.

fraktion Fri 19-Oct-12 19:32:48

Familiarising yourself with the EYFS is a good start and that's available online.

The TES site has an early years section with resources.

Penny Tassoni's book is excellent and I've just had Walker's A Practical Guide on approval which looked great too.

Recognising that you need to do a bit of research and being proactive makes you a great nanny smile

UndeadPixie Fri 19-Oct-12 23:24:23

You can download the eyfs documents for free, they are a good read considering they are about legislation! I will watch the rest of the thread with interest as I am seriously considering introducing the eyfs into one of my jobs fully rather than the half-done effort I do! (my other charges are old with to be out of it now)

juneybean Sun 21-Oct-12 23:36:48

I find pinterest great for finding different activities smile

UndeadPixie Mon 22-Oct-12 07:45:57

Yy to pintrest! The only problem of that you get addicted :D that and a lot of the stuff is american which can be disheartening if you can't get the ingredients!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now