Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny payroll

(5 Posts)
MummytoLO Wed 17-Oct-12 21:57:01

Just hired a nanny for the first time and need to sort out her contract, tax and social security. Daunting.

Where do I get advice? Does anyone have experience with these nanny payroll companies that offer it as a service? Are they any good?

Many thanks!

nannynick Wed 17-Oct-12 22:15:42

You will find lots of info in this section of mumsnet talk about contracts, being an employer, and comments from people about various payroll services.

My boss has been using www.payefornannies.co.uk for over 4 years and seems happy and as the nanny I'm happy. So that is one payroll service you could contact.

Have you written a job description or a list of duties? That is often done as part of advertising the job as it means applicants know what you are expecting them to do. You can use that to help write up the contract.

Nannyjob.co.uk has an example contract but it may need adapting/additions. Holiday entitlement is something people ask about quite often - is your nanny working 5 days per week?

Xiaoxiong Wed 17-Oct-12 22:43:11

I've been using PAYE for Nannies since the spring and have been very happy with them so far. They helped draft a contract for us (I'm a lawyer and thought I'd do it myself but theirs was fine and they had thought of things that I hadn't). Every month a letter shows up telling me how much I have to set aside for tax and NI, how much to pay our nanny and also attaching a payslip for her for her records. It's very easy and surprisingly cheap.

fraktion Thu 18-Oct-12 09:18:23

Are you in the UK? The reference to social security made me wonder.

BAPN have an excellent contract that they have just produced. If you email them they will send you a copy. I have to say I am mightily impressed by it.

MummytoLO Sat 20-Oct-12 13:10:16

Thanks for your advice.
I will look at the draft contracts. I did list duties as part of the advert.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now