Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Cm's mobile phone/camera policy

(6 Posts)
sillymillysmummy Wed 17-Oct-12 13:59:35

Does anyone have one they would like to share? I use my iPhone for pictures and would particularly like to see someone's that does this

sillymillysmummy Wed 17-Oct-12 19:13:38

Please smile

LesbianMummy1 Wed 17-Oct-12 20:52:17

I can tomorrow if you like cant tonight as my pc playing up.

HSMM Wed 17-Oct-12 20:53:56

Oh sorry. I have got mobile phone stuff dotted throughout my policies. I'll see what I can do.

lechatnoir Wed 17-Oct-12 21:17:25

I have mine in my safeguarding policy under separate headings & ofsted seemed happy when they read through them at my registration inspection not too long ago.
HTH

Use of Mobile Phone
It's vital I can communicate with parents quickly should the need arise & always ensure I have access to my mobile phone and have a landline at home. I will not routinely use any phone for making or receiving personal calls and text messages or web browsing during childminding hours.

Like most phones nowadays, I have Internet access, camera and the ability to record sound & video along with the usual text and call facilities. Whilst there are many advantages, I do understand the need to balance this with the potential for misuse and will safeguard the children in my care with the following procedures:
• Ensure ALL visitors to my home during childminding hours leave their mobile phone in a safe storage area
• Ensure that any Assistant working with me leaves their personal phone in a safe storage area
• Ensure any older children in my care who have a mobile phone leave their mobile in a safe storage area whilst in my home. Permission may be given to make or receive calls but only under close supervision.
• Ensure my phone is kept out of the reach of children and password protected

Taking photos with a Mobile Phone or Camera

I regularly take photos to support observations, assessment and planning and to provide a visual record for parents. To ensure all children in my care are protected I have the following procedures in place:
• Photos only to be taken by me or my Assistant
• Parents must provide written permission indicating whether they are willing for photos of their child to be used for:
o Sharing with them by printed photo or digitally by email/text.
o Supporting Observation, Assessment & Planning
o The child’s written record
o Advertising (always notified in advance how and where)

• Pictures are transferred to my computer which is password protected and then deleted from my phone / camera.
• Any stored pictures are deleted once a child leaves my setting.

I have registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for Data Protection.

sillymillysmummy Thu 18-Oct-12 21:12:13

Thank you thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now