Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Truss announces c/ms to stay regulated by Ofsted

(6 Posts)
Italiana Tue 16-Oct-12 21:12:02

E Truss has revealed some of her intentions to keep c/ms regulated and inspected by Ofsted
Find out more in The Telegraph article today but...there is no mention of a U turn on agency or abandoning the increase in ratio

Looks like our camapign has paid off but we must wait for the proposals to be announced... can we hope?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/mother-tongue/familyadvice/9609548/Squeezed-parents-cannot-afford-childcare.html

At the same time the IPPR came out against her proposal arguing going Dutch won't work

www.labour.org.uk/ippr-report-childcare,2012-10-16

Looks like childcare has hit the headlines again

GrimAndHumourless Tue 16-Oct-12 21:13:45

Italiana I have to go out now but will be back to read and discuss later

GrimAndHumourless Tue 16-Oct-12 22:13:40

this article here?

bigpaws Wed 17-Oct-12 06:22:56

I am not getting my hopes up just yet. Interesting read though. Perhaps this IS being thought through after all?

HSMM Wed 17-Oct-12 07:07:25

Maybe it was all a game, to make us love Ofsted instead of hate them? (Conspiracy theory)

bigpaws Wed 17-Oct-12 07:12:36

I know what you mean HSMM - I actually can't wait to get OFSTED here and get my precious certificate updated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now