Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.


(4 Posts)
LadyAlex Mon 15-Oct-12 20:36:30

Hi there,

I the near future I will require my child minder to collect my son from school. This is not in the usual area for her however she is able to facilitate it. The journey is about 6/7 miles each way and she will only need to collect, no drop off.

My question is, do I offer money and we agree amount towards her fuel or does she claim this back through her tax. I don't want her to be out of pocket.

Many thanks

nannynick Mon 15-Oct-12 20:41:19

Perhaps you could offer to pay a higher hourly rate for care of your son. Your childminder could (should in my view) also charge you from the time they leave their home to collect your son from school.

Titchyboomboom Mon 15-Oct-12 21:25:23

I would offer to pay for the journey - or she may charge you an extra ie £1 or £2 per day for the trip... If I had to do this I would charge a flat rate but everyone is different.

LadyAlex Mon 15-Oct-12 21:39:06

I like the increased hourly rate suggestion, I don't think the tax allowance for mileage really reflects the cost of fuel / wear and tear etc to be honest although having looked at the NCMA website, its is a refundable expense.

I am aware that the rate starts from when she leaves her home. I think she does a great job for very little money and whilst we aren't filthy rich, I can certainly offer more to reflect her effort and expense. Besides that she is brilliant, ds adores her and I wouldn't want to loose her!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: