Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CMs, nappie changing - do you use apron and gloves

(5 Posts)
LingDiLong Mon 15-Oct-12 20:09:28

I'm doing my level 3 childcare qualification and this has come up. It was never covered in my ICP course or my application or inspections. The inspector asked where I change nappies but never mentioned using these. Should I be?

HSMM Mon 15-Oct-12 20:18:52

I use gloves, but not an apron.

GrimAndHumourless Mon 15-Oct-12 20:19:47

gloves yes apron no

lechatnoir Mon 15-Oct-12 20:30:20

No and no but do of course hand wash afterwards (or use anti-bac if I'm out & about) seems a bit OTT. And if you have your own DC to attend to I'm a bit confused how it would work - gloves for mindees only or gloves during working hours but ok to do the same thing after 6pm. Not a chance I will ever adopt this I'm afraid grin

Titchyboomboom Mon 15-Oct-12 20:41:08

I use powder free vinyl gloves, no apron. I also use them on my dd when I change her nappy when other children are here. The Ofsted inspector liked my approach on this and referenced it when grading me outstanding on the equality and inclusion section.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now