Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

2 years 10 Months, Cries When I Laugh

(1 Post)
Khono Mon 15-Oct-12 17:32:11

I'm taking care of a single mom's child while she's at work. I don't have any children myself so I'm a newbie. She's been a pretty good child, rarely crying and learning to talk pretty fast. But she's started to cry quite harshly when I laugh. Whether she's in the other room watching a show or she's right beside me, my laughing bothers her a lot. Even when I fake it to see her reaction.

I suspect it's just a strange phase she'll pass through, but does anyone have any insight here? My laugh isn't really loud and it doesn't sound like yelling or anything like that. I only noticed it the today or yesterday. But then again, she's only now beginning to trust me and open up.

I asked this question in behaviour and development and was referred here. They also suggested that the child, Selena, may think I'm crying and is empathising with that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now