Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Reporting a Childminder

(7 Posts)
NancyNooNoo Mon 15-Oct-12 11:17:25

This is things been talked about by other child minders in an official meeting, by other mums who want to move their child to me. I'm so cross that no-one is doing anything (it a couple of cases it involves alcohol and a child getting heat stroke, mum told me)
Can I report her?

GrimAndHumourless Mon 15-Oct-12 11:19:54

are you in scotland/wales/NI/england?

I can't quite work out what the prob is, are you a parent or a CM? what things are concerning you? can you elaborate?

fraktion Mon 15-Oct-12 11:28:16

I actually wouldn't elaborate. If you are concerned then you should report to the registering body. So OFSTED in England, Care Commission in Scotland etc.

NancyNooNoo Mon 15-Oct-12 11:29:10

Thanks, will do.

moogstera1 Mon 15-Oct-12 12:51:06

so it's just heresay / gossip from other CM's.
Be very careful before you potentially wreck someone's career that it hasn't been prone to exaggeration / bitchiness

HSMM Mon 15-Oct-12 14:30:37

It's heresay. The person who witnessed the behaviour should report it, unless you know for sure it's true.

Titchyboomboom Mon 15-Oct-12 21:27:54

If you are unsure if gossip, speak to your development worker and they can approach her as necessary?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: