Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Any tips on promoting what a Nanny is/can do/benifits etc?

(9 Posts)
pinknanny Mon 15-Oct-12 10:00:45

I am a nanny looking for a new job but the problem is living in a small town where people dont tend to know what a nanny is/does etc. The usual choice of childcare is nursery/childminder. (People always asume i am a childminder).

So, i am really looking at how best to try and promote myself and the nanny role? Was thinking some sort of info leaflet attached to my details that i can put up around school nurseries etc.

Any ideas would be much appreciated
Thanks

nannynick Mon 15-Oct-12 10:52:10

The time you will start and finish are I feel a factor to include as not everyone works hours that a nursery or childminder will do. So promote the early start, late finish, Saturday working (if you would consider working that day).
Also list duties you would do such as putting childrens bedding in the wash.

WickedGirl Mon 15-Oct-12 11:21:14

Some huge advantages:
The children can be left in bed if the parents leave the house early for work
The nanny will look after children that are very poorly (which neither a childminder or a nursery will cover)
The nanny can do extra duties in the house ie batch cooking for the freezer, clothing and shoes shopping, waiting in for deliveries, keeping toys clean and organised
The child's day is structured entirely around them and their needs.

fraktion Mon 15-Oct-12 11:26:46

A nanny is centralised care for different ages
Children can do other activities or have play dates after school
A nanny is more cost effective as of 3 children
A nanny can be shared between families, again reducing cost

pinknanny Mon 15-Oct-12 11:48:41

Thanks for the replys. That's the sort of things i was thinking but just seeing it written down by others is a massive help and makes it a lot clearer as sometimes I forget the wee things I do that make a nanny a good choice for folk.
Many thanks, much appreciated.

longjane Mon 15-Oct-12 13:27:05

dont forget holiday care
doing the things the child want to do
park beach museums shows films library play dates just being home and playing
cooking
what ever the child/children want

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Mon 15-Oct-12 16:01:15

Have a look at the BAPN website I think they have a bit about what a nanny is/does www.bapn.org.uk that might give you some ideas

Dozer Mon 15-Oct-12 22:17:55

For me a big plus would be that you care in the children's own home and give them lots of individual attention (harder for nurseries and CMs). And things that others have said.

But it might simply be cost that is putting people off, many people would love a nanny but can't afford one. You could offer to be a nanny for two families.

pinknanny Sat 20-Oct-12 15:17:40

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully i can put something good together and find a new job! Fingers x. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now