Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

3dpw nanny - likely?

(5 Posts)
katiegolightly Sun 14-Oct-12 14:04:52

I'm considering a nanny share with a friend for 3 days per week in SW London. I have no idea if this is viable, I don't know if the majority of nannies seek 4/5 days per week.

It would likely be an 8am-6.30pm contract. How on earth do I find ball park costs to compare with nursery places? Do nannies tend to work on a contracted salary rate or an hourly rate for part time contracts like this?

Sorry for the novice question.

nannynick Sun 14-Oct-12 14:46:01

Ball park 3-day a week nanny cost - not a nanny-share but may help you to start thinking about some of the various costs involved. As you are in London, the gross salary may be higher, especially in a share but you should be speading the cost a bit with your friend.

Search this forum for details about nanny shares, they can be complicated as you need to get the costs split between the families fairly.

As a nanny I prefer an annual gross salary for a set number of working hours per week. So you could say that is an annual salary, or an hourly rate, it works out the same.

SuperDuperJezebel Sun 14-Oct-12 15:14:29

Hi there

I work in SW London in a nanny share, the going rate is approx £10-12 net dependant on experience - most nannies talk in net however as Nick mentions it advisable to discuss salary in gross terms. How much you would expect to pay a nanny within that scale is dependant on their experience, qualifications, etc etc The way my current family and I worked it out is we found a mutually agreeable hourly rate and calculated the weekly, and then annual, salary from that, so I get the same salary every month. I've been nanny sharing for several years so if you have any other questions please give me a shout. I also have a lovely friend looking for work so if you'd like me to pass on her details send me a pm.

katiegolightly Sun 14-Oct-12 19:25:56

Thank you everyone. Super, have PM'd you.

Maarias Sun 14-Oct-12 22:07:11

Hi there,
Sorry to butt in, but katie, I am also looking for a nanny share (I live in wimbledon). I only need someone twice a week for school runs (4.30-7pm) so if you'd like to maybe share one let me know!
Thanks,
Maria

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now