Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

HELP! Last minute maternity-nurse/postnatal midwife/doula needed - LONDON

(8 Posts)
Minnie17 Sat 13-Oct-12 10:28:49

Please help!

My sister has just had a baby and had been kept in hospital for a couple of nights with bleeding and stitches. She's been on the ward with her partner and they've had no sleep for two nights and are feeling just awful.

So, I'm trying to find a last-minute maternity nurse in Central London (W2) to start tonight or tomorrow. All the maternity agencies are closed for the weekend. If anyone has any recommendations for a last-minute maternity-nurse/postnatal midwife/postnatal doula who might be able to help I would be so grateful.

I have of course offered my (completely inexperienced) assistance to my sister, but I know she'd be happier with someone who had proper qualifications and experience.

Thanks so much for your help!

Minnie

mrswishywashy Sat 13-Oct-12 11:35:33

Oh one of my friends may be able to help. I will direct her here.

Minnie17 Sat 13-Oct-12 11:38:03

Thank you mrswishywashy!

mrswishywashy Sat 13-Oct-12 15:44:32

Sorry my friend is starting a booking already today.

My best advice though is cook some good hearty meals for them, and when visiting don't just hold the baby but makes cups of tea/run errands etc of course hold the baby and send them off for sleep. If baby is breast fed its tempting to let them go a long time between feeds so try and keep baby feeding three hourly. Once home they should relax more.

Minnie17 Sat 13-Oct-12 15:56:21

Thanks so much for trying - I really appreciate it. It looks like my other sister has found someone who might be able to start tomorrow - so fingers crossed. In the meantime I shall do exactly as you advise.

Thanks so much xxx

charliechildnurse Sat 13-Oct-12 16:44:40

Hi Minnie,

I certainly can help your sister. PM me, as I'm unable to PM you!

CCN

Minnie17 Sat 13-Oct-12 20:32:12

Oh thanks Charlie, but already got it sorted. Thanks so much for the response though x

EnglishDoula Mon 10-Dec-12 13:59:00

Anyone reading this thread and still looking for support, please bear me in mind, as I offer live-in support to new mums regardless of where they live. Thanks.
www.doulaservice.webs.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now