Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny for 2 2.5 year olds plus a 10 month old.Too much to ask?

(13 Posts)
mmmmsleep Fri 12-Oct-12 16:07:30

Hi I'd be grateful for any advice from Nannies or parents with similar experience. We currently have a nanny share between 2 families for our 1 1/2 year olds. Baby 2 on the way for one of families and current lovely nanny not happy to continue current arrangement plus second baby. On return from mat leave when nanny will take over care of additional baby it will be 10 months.

Is there likely to be a nanny willing to look after 3 under 3 or do we just need to dissolve the arrangement and make other plans (nanny share makes it affordable for us). We would of course expect to pay extra for additional child. I appreciate to some this may be too much but there must be parents of twins plus a further child who find a nanny?

Looking forward to hearing your comments! Many Thanks!

Bossybritches22 Fri 12-Oct-12 16:10:10

I'm sure there are loads out there- what part of the world are you in, roughly?

mmmmsleep Fri 12-Oct-12 16:10:52

Surrey.

Bossybritches22 Fri 12-Oct-12 16:20:24

There must be loads of nannies down that way I'm sure!

Maybe try the locals boards too?

Someone will be along with better advice shortly.

Could you advertise locally? Or in the local paper.

Reinette Fri 12-Oct-12 16:22:05

There are absolutely nannies who can and will care for "3 under 3." Look for nannies who have experience with multiples or who've been part of a share before and you should find someone with no trouble!

mmmmsleep Fri 12-Oct-12 17:34:52

Also any guidance on rough hourly rate for 3 under 3s would be much appreciated! Thanks for the encouraging replies so far!

longjane Fri 12-Oct-12 17:51:51

the rate is what ever number of kids
just work out how much you pay and try find some who will fit the role

fraktion Fri 12-Oct-12 18:48:57

You should find nannies to do that and at not much more than you pay now if its a reasonable rate. Perhaps the family with extra children could put in £1 extra/hour. That's a bigger hike than for an additional child in a one family job but it will be more hassle.

maturenanny Fri 12-Oct-12 19:47:20

Hi mmmsleep

I'm in Surrey and would love a job like that!! It's only like having twins and a sibling.
I know of quite aged nannies that work nanny shares and I have done in the past.
I hope you manage to find a workable solution
Xx

2plus1 Fri 12-Oct-12 20:59:23

I have a nanny that looks after my three toddlers (multiples) all under 3yrs. I also have a nanny friend who has just taken a job with triplets. Some nannies would love this kind of busy job and find it very rewarding. I pay the same as another friend who has a nanny for just one baby, the wages are irrespective of the number of children. I would say in my experience that some nannies can handle the situation with excellent skills and organisation, yet other nannies (thinking of our last) really did not deal with the three tots very well at all. It is possible to find a suitable candidate out there but sadly it seems that your current nanny is unwilling to look after three. If she will not accept the change in contract then she/you needs to give notice. Obviously, discussions with the other family are essential too. Has your nanny discussed with you why she is unwilling to accept the changes?

mmmmsleep Fri 12-Oct-12 21:11:11

Thanks 2plus1. She doesn't think she would cope and we agree to be honest. She has many positive points but it would be too much for her. There's lots of time for planning just putting feet in the water to see if possible at moment. Shame as the children love our nanny and she's very reliable.

mmmmsleep Sat 13-Oct-12 11:55:20

Thanks mature nanny great to think it could work. We would probably look to start new nanny in november but wondering if that's a bad time and would be better starting in sept? Wondering if more nannies are freed up in sept with start of school year?

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 13-Oct-12 11:59:34

not too much at all - just like twins and new baby

if you were in my area but sadly not sad then i would be happy to work this

im assuming you are not the preg mb

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now