Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

AuPair World - what questions should I ask at the first email exchange

(5 Posts)
ladygagagoogoo Wed 10-Oct-12 09:59:44

I'm on the hunt for a new AP on AuPairWorld. Can you suggest what questions I should ask via the first email exchange to weed out the time wasters?

So far I have these:-

Please confirm your nationality?
Are you happy to live with a cat?
Do you have any special dietry requirements?
Tell me more about your childcare experience
Are you available for an interview on Skype?
Why do you want to be an AuPair?

SoldeInvierno Wed 10-Oct-12 10:46:09

What attracts you about our family?
Why would you choose us over other families?
Do you intend to take English lessons? (I think this is very important. I had an aupair once who refused to go to school, so she didn't meet any friends. It was horrible and she left within 6 weeks)

SoldeInvierno Wed 10-Oct-12 10:47:16

Have you got any holidays planned/ periods during which you will not be available?

LadyHarrietdeSpook Wed 10-Oct-12 14:34:14

If you don't want a smoker you should ask again: Have you ever been a smoker? (Further to previous threads.)

I think it's important to turn that holiday question on its head and ask them to confirm they will be available when YOU need them.

We always say, can you please confirm you are available to stay for the whole school year and give the dates again.

If the first few emails go well I think mention that we need them to take long holidays during the school holidays (DH is a teacher.)

fraktion Wed 10-Oct-12 19:59:03

I keep it very simple for the first message.

What kind of family are you looking for?
What do you want to get from the experience?
Do you have any questions?

That weeds out 50%. Then we go onto the pets/diet/smoking/logistics side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now