Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CMs - pushchair storage, Phil & Teds?!

(6 Posts)
LingDiLong Sun 30-Sep-12 20:15:55

So I am now operating at full capacity - yay! I've tried to be really organised but I have hit a snag that I hadn't anticipated. I was using the boot of my 7 seater to effectively store my prams (I have a single and double) but now I'm full I need to put up the seats in the boot of my car and can only just squeeze one pram in. I have nowhere to put the other!

I was debating getting a Phil & Teds and getting rid of the other prams. They are very expensive though, even 2nd hand. Does anyone else have one - would you recommend it? Or is there another storage solution I haven't thought of?

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sun 30-Sep-12 20:41:02

I've had two and they are great! I loved using them and loved that they could be used as a single or double.

At the moment, I have an ABC triple buggy which can also be used as a single or a double because I occasionally have three that aren't able to walk long distances.

My first Phil and teds I bought new off eBay for just under £300. It was when I first started CMing and I used my grant to buy it. The second one, I bought secondhand and got it for £200 BIN. It was in excellent condition and came with a few accessories which I sold on to reduce the cost a bit. I think when I sold it I got about £180 so it's worth keeping in mind that there will be a resale value too grin.

sleeplessinderbyshire Sun 30-Sep-12 20:55:19

I bought my P&T for £100 second hand (from a mate who'd bought it for £120 off another mate 3yrs ago) several friends have bought for <£150 off ebay so don't have to be that expensive

sillymillysmummy Mon 01-Oct-12 07:11:39

I had the same problem. I now permanently keep my Phil and teds in the boot of my galaxy with all the seats up. I too bought it second hand.

LingDiLong Mon 01-Oct-12 10:46:19

Great, thanks everyone. I'll keep a look out on Ebay and treat myself!

ZuleikaD Mon 01-Oct-12 12:44:52

Keep an eye out for a Joovy as well. More flexible than a P&T IMO because the small child can be bigger IYSWIM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now