Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Can someone point me in the direction of a Standard Nanny Contract?

(5 Posts)
jumpingjane Sat 29-Sep-12 08:37:24

We are about to employ a live in nanny for the first time.
Obviously, we want to give her a contract of employment that will set out her duties and protect us both.
Is there a standard one? Also, which is the best agency to do the payslips and how does it work exactly?
Any other tips from experienced employers/ nannies would be v welcome.

ceeveebee Sat 29-Sep-12 08:42:40

We use a company called PAYE for Nannies. £135 per year and they do the contract for you based on a form you fill in. Only just started with them so can't comment on service but happy with the set up so far.

Frakiosaurus Sun 30-Sep-12 06:24:27

There isn't a standard one but the ANA one on Nannyjob is quite good with a few modifications/precisions, notably holiday should be given as 5.6 weeks including public holidays and I would recommend a gross monthly salary with no mention of net equivalent.

I would hope any payroll agency would inform you of the implications of a net salary and how RTI may complicate a weekly pay schedule but they may not!

jumpingjane Fri 05-Oct-12 20:14:32

Many thanks to you both.

nannynick Fri 05-Oct-12 21:34:47

You may want to consider having a separate document for things like House Rules, so you can easily modify that as things change. They are living at your home so you will want to impose some house rules, things they can and can't do in the accommodation you are providing them, people who can/can't visit. I've not been a live-in nanny, or employed one, so I can't advise on this House Rules document, but some of the employers of live-in nannies on here may well have suggestions as to what to include. Also use the Advanced Search facility to search for message threads about live in nannies, so you get a feel for things that may come up during the course of having someone living and working with you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now