Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What are personal plans?

(11 Posts)
trickydickie Thu 27-Sep-12 10:43:39

I posted this question yesterday but got no replies so hoping for more luck today.

I am filling in the childminding application form (the Scottish one) and I am asked how I intend to use personal plans and to give examples of them?

Please could someone advise me.

I have tried googling and the bromley childcare website but no joy.

Thanks alot.

trickydickie Thu 27-Sep-12 11:25:36

Right just googled again and found personal plans mentioned on a council website. So I now think a personal plan should include all the child's details, their likes, dislikes.

I am really struggling for examples of one of these plans or to be pointed in the right direction. Can anyone help me. Thanks.

RaisinDEtre Thu 27-Sep-12 19:20:35

Ring scottish ncma equiv ?

Sorry not v helpful, good luck

nannynick Thu 27-Sep-12 22:54:16

No idea alas. Have you looked on scswis website to see if the regulator provides any guides. Also try

peanutMD Thu 27-Sep-12 23:27:52

Personal plans are essentially a one stop folio of Childs/parents details, needs such as dietary, changing, sleep routine etc it should also contain evidence if a Childs learning so photos and their drawings are a big help with this part.

you would normally use a child PCP (personal care plan) to aid you're work with the child in terms of planning activities to support their development and learning, as a record to evidence your work with them and to help when resourcing your area with what you would need equipment wise.

Also make sure that you keep these for yours, parents and official inspectors eyes only as they are highly confidential and should be locked away when not in use in a small filling cabinet perhaps.

peanutMD Thu 27-Sep-12 23:29:19

Sorry I should have stated that I am a nursery teacher in Scotland and this is how we were taught to create and use them.

But I imagine the principal would bee the same.

trickydickie Fri 28-Sep-12 15:47:39

Thanks everyone - especially peanut.

The question on the application form tells me to look at the Social Care .........2011 Act. The act kind of tells me what I have to do include. In this personal plan I have to set out how the service user's health, welfare and safety needs are to be met. Then goes into who should see it etc.

I can't find any examples on the internet so think I will just try my best to make my own one up. If it is totally wrong I am sure I will be told on my pre inspection visit and hopefully given the opportunity to improve it.

I just want the application form sent away,I have had it far too long now.

Thanks again.

fivesacrowd Fri 28-Sep-12 16:39:49

If you go onto the SCMA website they have a factsheet that tells you exactly waht needs to be included in the personal plan - think you can get it without being a member, but tbh you'll probably need to join anyway if you're a cm in Scotland - most of us use them for insurance.

fivesacrowd Fri 28-Sep-12 16:50:11

PS Good luck with your registration. The Care Insp will go through the application with you and just check you're on the right track.

trickydickie Fri 28-Sep-12 17:11:31

Thanks five. Won't get a chance to do anymore or look until Monday, but will have a look at the SCMA website as sooon as.

You don't happen to know how much registration with them costs? Thanks

fivesacrowd Fri 28-Sep-12 17:46:12

Think it's about £30 a year but they offer loads of advice, keep you up to date with legislation changes and I get my accident forms and cash books from them. They also do a pro forma for the personal plans I think, but I've just made one up and use it for new starts and then get parents to update each new term (I'm term time).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: