Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Live-in nanny west london for twins !

(5 Posts)
littlemaman12 Wed 26-Sep-12 16:50:09

I am looking for a live-in nanny to look after newborn twins starting early november... any tips on where to look ( bar gum tree!) and how much i should be paying for someone who can do housekeeping and some cooking for the children ?

thanks !

2plus1 Wed 26-Sep-12 17:26:37

We have a nanny for three munchkins, aged 3yrs. We originally had a nanny from an agency who was just not able to look after the three little ones and do the basic necessities so they left (long story) after being with us for a few months. We recruited again but this time via childcare.co.uk and have found an energetic nanny who is great handling our three and will cook for them, do their laundry, clear up after them, bath all three, play with them, take them out etc. The nanny takes all three out on her own without any issues. To be honest nothing so far has phased her. I know our three are older but we did have nanny students from a prestiguous nanny college when they were born until a year old. Three out of four of the nannies dealt with three without any concerns, actively following routines, feeding, bottle cleaning/prep, batch purees for the freezer, entertaining babies, laundry etc. One of them has gone on to work with triplet babies as she loves lots of munchkins lol.

If you advertise on childcare, I am sure you will find someone suitable. We are not in London but pay (live out) £8 net per hour which is about £10.50 per hour inc taxes and employers+employees NI. I beleive London hourly rates will be higher and I am sure someone will provide that. Live in would be a lesser hourly rate than a live out. The housekeeping/cooking if related to the children would be an accepted duty for a nanny at no extra cost.

Nannyforyou Wed 26-Sep-12 22:25:13

Hi Littlemaman12
I am looking for a live in nanny postion I have 8 years childcare experience working with children from 2 weeks in nursery, during flexi nanny roles, and sole charge live in nanny jobs. If you are interested I can send you my CV through an email address. Thanks

nannykatherine Sun 21-Oct-12 17:37:57

Lovely job ......try nannyjob.co.uk

BornToShopForcedToWork Sun 21-Oct-12 22:25:29

I am a nanny and I personally would not consider a job where I have to look after newborn twins and do housekeeping as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now