Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Additional consultation to the Childcare Commission 26 Sept

(5 Posts)
Italiana Tue 25-Sep-12 14:34:05

All c/ms are welcome to join us at the Popes Grotto Cross Deep Twickenham TW1 4RB 7.30pm to give additional input to the CC

The DfE has provided briefing questions to add to the 3 themes in the CC which I will send to the DfE next week
Come along and express your views...this is our last chance before the govt unveils its proposals

Italiana Wed 26-Sep-12 07:39:48

With Clegg's announcement of the £100m to help deliver the 2 year old funding this can be added to the response....the consultation tonight is having good response and we feel it will be a good turnout !

do c/ms believe this funding will reach them or the LAs will do what they like with it?

Are you looking forward to caring for the disadvantaged 2 year olds and what is your LA' policy? does it allow all c/ms to be part of the scheme?
do you have a network in your lA and are you Accredited? please share your experiences

HSMM Wed 26-Sep-12 07:45:15

Our LA wants the 2 yr olds to only go to outstanding childminders, or at the least good ones, but the trouble is ... these CMs are least likely to have spaces.

HSMM Wed 26-Sep-12 07:46:25

The LA has been targeted to help more than double the 2 yr olds they helped last year.

Italiana Wed 26-Sep-12 09:47:05

The DfE says only Good/Outsatnding c/ms should deliver but LAs are free to produce their own guidelines and often only Accredited c/ms in a network will be chosen

What if there is no network in your LA and what if you are Good/outstanding but do not belong to one? are you included? I am not in my area
Do you feel 'new comers' should deliver instead of experienced and qualifid c/ms?
Many unanswered questions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now