Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Matching Ofsted URNs to names

(6 Posts)
queenofthepirates Mon 24-Sep-12 23:19:52

I might be missing something but.... If a childminder gives you their URN to check against their ofsted report-how do you know that report matches them when there aren't names on the reports? Am I missing something or being a bit thick?

HSMM Mon 24-Sep-12 23:24:06

They will also have a certificate with their URN on.

Italiana Tue 25-Sep-12 07:38:42

An extra way of checking is by the part-postcode...c/ms have opted to have their name withdrawn from this service to protect our privacy...
I give my URN to propspective parents and no one has ever doubted it is me ....also LAs can reassure parents that the URN matches the c/m as well as the FIS...they know everything about us don't they???

NickNacks Tue 25-Sep-12 09:30:54

Plus the first paragraph is quite descriptive of the area/setting.

nannynick Tue 25-Sep-12 09:34:08

Have you met them yet? When you do there will be a registration certificate which you can see that has name and URN.

Italiana Tue 25-Sep-12 10:15:09

I have not opted in the scheme giving ofsted permission to put my name on my report...my registration certificate does have all details but this is not available online...unless things have changed? Parents can see this in my setting

The description in the report does not give the full address but describes the locality of the setting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now