Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childcare has fallen through

(4 Posts)
DoItRight Mon 24-Sep-12 10:12:25

And now we're totally screwed. There's limited options in our village anyway and we're now at the point where we're running out of options. We need somebody to drop off/collect our son from school and all childminders are now full.
The only thing I can think of is a nanny but I haven't the faintest idea where to start. Our DD goes to a nursery where she's really happy and I hate the thought of pulling her out of there. What other options are there? Are there any? If it has to be a nanny where on earth do I start??

wishiwasonholiday Mon 24-Sep-12 13:36:32

Have you tried childcare.co.uk or your local families information service? They will know if there are any new childminders about to be registered that may help or if its only for a little bit could a friend do it?

Could you try another local mum and obv pay her she would need to be employed by you as a nanny and work from your home but could get away with paying min wage as would have own child to take to school as well and then your daughter can stay at nursery,

or employ a nanny for whole hrs and they care for daughter as well.

www.childcare.co.uk, www.nannyjob.co.uk or www.netmums.co.uk all good sites for finding nannies

dinkystinky Mon 24-Sep-12 14:03:49

How old is your daughter? Do you have space in your home for an au pair plus or live-in nanny?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now