Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What is the going rate for London nannies?

(10 Posts)
EldonAve Sun 23-Sep-12 15:03:39

I have looked on nannyjob and see lots of ads for £10 p hr net

Is this the going rate now?
Mr Anchovy's calculator leads me to £13.41 p hr gross - is this right?
(assuming 55 hr FT)

HolyAutumnGoldBatman Sun 23-Sep-12 17:46:35

£10ph net is the going rate in London, but the job market is very slow at the moment so you could probably offer slightly less and still find a good nanny. If you want very experienced/qualified then you're porbably looking at £10 net.

EldonAve Sun 23-Sep-12 18:23:05

Thanks

Last year I was paying £12 gross which worked out to £9 net

HolyAutumnGoldBatman Sun 23-Sep-12 18:58:34

I know nannies that get less but they all either have English as a second language (good, but not completely fluent), have just moved on from being an au pair, have their own child who they bring with them etc.

ghislaine Sun 23-Sep-12 20:35:25

I live in London and when I recruited through an agency earlier this year, I was sent a range of cvs with salary expectations of between £7 and £11 gross per hour. These were all UK educated (in fact, looking back I think they were all UK citizens) and there were no nannies with their own children. All were NVQ qualified and some had degrees - no au pairs or recent au pairs. The difference was in years of experience. My nanny has 20 years' experience and gets £10 gross an hour. Many of the cvs I saw were of nannies being made redundant because one of the employer parents was being made redundant.

I think the nanny salary market at the moment is rather more flexible than "London nannies get £10 net per hour" which seems to be the prevailing wisdom. Maybe in Hampstead, Knightsbridge, Chelsea, etc but not every nanny is going to get a job in those parts of London.

EldonAve Mon 24-Sep-12 17:59:22

Thanks

Taranta Mon 24-Sep-12 20:00:29

We pay our nanny £10 net ph, in south London - she has about 10yrs experience, it seems to be the going rate round these parts, £12 if a nanny share.

BornToShopForcedToWork Mon 24-Sep-12 20:04:09

I got £10 per hour net for a FT position and £12 for a part-time position. In a nannyshare I got £14 net.

StealthToddler Thu 27-Sep-12 13:08:06

we pay £10 net per hour in west london. Nanny has 25 years experience and is brilliant. quite demanding job though as 3 under 5 with another baby due in march.

EldonAve Sun 07-Oct-12 20:14:20

thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now