Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Payments

(9 Posts)
CrazyChicken Sat 22-Sep-12 09:42:00

I'm in the process, have done everything and have applied to Ofsted and am waiting for them to come and visit.
I'm getting a big waiting list and some people I'm doing childcare for free until I'm registered. Can I take any payment as I'm in the final stage? All I've found through Google is that if I take payment then I need to apply to Ofsted which I'm doing.

Bonkerz Sat 22-Sep-12 09:45:36

No payment can be taken of any sort until you are registered. Have you done The course and first aid etc? Be careful also as I was told I could only care for upto 2 hours at a time even without charge.

foolingwithmisskitty Sat 22-Sep-12 09:45:45

Before I was registered I looked after children in their own home (obviously you can only do this with one family at a time though) and they paid full price. I think you need to have your registration and insurance all in place before you can accept payment in your own home.

RaisinDEtre Sat 22-Sep-12 09:47:17

Have you done your first aid yet? insured your car for business use? informed your landlord or mortgage provider? insured your premises? got public liability?

CrazyChicken Sat 22-Sep-12 10:04:38

I've done the first aid and child protection and the course. I will sort out the other bits.

nannynick Sat 22-Sep-12 12:46:29

What care are you providing and where is it taking place? Eg school pickup but then going to the park, so not at your house till 4:30 and parents pick up by 6pm.

How would Ofsted know you were being paid - anyone likely to complain?

nannynick Sat 22-Sep-12 12:48:06

Is Ofsted's visit scheduled for a day you are not doing any childcare?

MrAnchovy Sat 22-Sep-12 13:56:56

"Be careful also as I was told I could only care for upto 2 hours at a time even without charge."

That was wrong.

Bonkerz Wed 26-Sep-12 20:54:46

Sorry MrA that was what an ofsted inspector told me when she visited for my 6mth inspection. I hadn't charged a parent for pre visits (reg was being processed was waiting for cert to arrive. Everything had even done inc inspection) he was in my home for 2 hours 40 minutes (mum got stuck in traffic) I was told I had gone against legal guidelines but she would let it go as it was only once. It didn't matter that I hadn't charged!!!!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now