Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How much so Pay a nanny with 30 years experience?

(12 Posts)
BornToShopForcedToWork Fri 21-Sep-12 16:13:46

A family I know is looking for a live-in nanny to look after their two children, a baby and a toddler. A nanny applied for the job and she has 30 years experience. They are wondering what kind of salary they would have to offer a nanny with so mcn experience.

HolyAutumnGoldBatman Fri 21-Sep-12 16:50:47

The going rate for that area.

Or slightly more if they're really keen.

nbee84 Fri 21-Sep-12 19:34:13

I'm a nanny with 25 years experience, though some of those years were in nursery and as a childminder - not all as a nanny. I tend to get the top end of the going rate for the area. This tends to be what a nanny with 8-10 years of experience would get. There comes point where wages are capped as if it was an extra 50p per hour per year of experience then I'd never get any work as nobody would be able to afford me!

Strix Fri 21-Sep-12 19:50:05

I agree. 30 yrs experience doesn't really get you any more money than say 15.

salxxx Fri 21-Sep-12 20:01:29

hear very disturbing news about a nanny, not yours but be very careful my friend.

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Fri 21-Sep-12 20:37:36

Well salxxx how can you say that without saying what it actually is .Otherwise it's a scare tactic and a wasted sentence . just say whatvitviscor don't post such rubbish .

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Fri 21-Sep-12 20:37:53

What it is

salxxx Fri 21-Sep-12 20:49:57

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

claudedebussy Fri 21-Sep-12 20:55:52

why would they do that?

salxxx Fri 21-Sep-12 20:58:18

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

AndBingoWasHisNameOh Fri 21-Sep-12 21:08:40

Op I've recently hired a nanny and found that the pay rate for nannies is reasonably flat. So very experienced nannies don't generally command a huge premium over nannies with 3-5 years experience.

salxxx Fri 21-Sep-12 22:38:05

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now