Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Help, childminders - mindee bit dd at school today

(3 Posts)
traipsingalong Wed 19-Sep-12 18:38:17

I mind a child after school. Today at school, mindee bit dd. School reported it to me when I went to pick them up. Dd tells me that after playtime, and after the biting incident, as they were all lining up to go back into class, mindee said "Bye bye LittleTraipsing" in a sneery voice (only way I can describe it, sorry).

Dd is in reception, mindee is in Year 1. We've minded for a year now. I did have a funny feeling that this sort of thing might happen, but am not quite sure how to deal with it. School automatically think they should be friends and have put them on the same table at lunch etc. But actually, were it not for my working as a childminder, they probably wouldn't be friends at all - they're very different.

Basically, I'm afraid of it getting worse. Should I keep minding this child, or perhaps stop after half-term, or would that make it worse? I think what's happening is that mindee doesn't really like my dd (who can be quite overwhelming and basically got bitten because she was encroaching on mindee's personal space), and now has the opportunity to show it at school where I am not around.

Am I making a mountain out of a molehill?

Floralnomad Wed 19-Sep-12 18:41:24

If your child doesn't like this child it's only going to get awkward . I would give the parents notice personally. I wouldn't want to have to spend time in my own home with somebody who I didn't like and who bit me!

MUM2BLESS Fri 21-Sep-12 19:53:26

How is it between them at yours?

I cm a mindee who is in the same class as my son. They argue quite a bit, my son is to blame too.

Are you going to mention this to the parents? Its important that they support you if you are to deal with this type of behaviour. If you do not get the support it will be hard work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now