Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Anyone know a good childminder in Writtle, Essex please?

(7 Posts)
Horseyradish Tue 18-Sep-12 11:16:05

Looking for recommendations please.

jenduck Tue 18-Sep-12 17:27:18

waves Can't help you with that but wanted to say hello as we are hoping to buy a place in Writtle soon, it's a lovely village smile

FWIW, we currently live a few miles away & DS1 has been at The Stables nursery in Galleywood from around 2.2 to 3.8 yrs. We found it very good & one of the cheapest in the area. Feel free to PM for more on that if you like.

Horseyradish Wed 19-Sep-12 11:07:42

Hi, look forward to welcoming you to Writtle soon then smile.

Thanks for that, we have a place at nursery but were wondering if childminder was the way to go? Our ds will be 9.5 months old when he starts at the end of October. How were your children at nursery?

jenduck Wed 19-Sep-12 16:10:09

DS1 started nursery just after age 2, going 1 day a week to begin with, then gradually building up to 2.5 days. He has always loved it, but was quite teary at drop-off for the first few months.

I see what you are saying about childminders, it may well be the way to go for a younger baby, so they are in a nice home environment. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience of official childcare at that age (my mum had DS1 one day a week from 11 months until he went to nursery & he loved that).

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Horseyradish Mon 24-Sep-12 16:01:46

Thanks for that. It's so hard to know what's best isn't it!

I have a meeting at work tomorrow to discuss my return and flexible hours. Have no idea if they're going to grant me the new part time hours or not...all a bit worrying really!!

How are you?

Jules125 Wed 26-Sep-12 22:28:47

My brother lives next door to a writtle childminder. PM me and I'll send more details etc.

mumtomoley Thu 27-Sep-12 12:01:26

I'm in chelmsford, but my childminder is full. I looked on childcare.co.uk and I remember there was a good one in Writtle (sorry I can't remember the name!) but they finished too early in the day.

DS went into childcare at 10 months, we looked at nurseries and at childminders and decided that, at the age he was, we preferred a childminder. I think it's worth visiting a few to get a feel as we strongly preferred the one we went with to the others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now